Welcome to Algester State School
All in our school community are justifiably proud of our school, our curriculum and the children in our care. Our School is committed to developing life long learners through the provision of excellence in Learning and Teaching. We aim to create the best possible future for all our students.
What's so great at Algester State School?
- Individual Learning Goals
- Student Feedback
- Well Behaved & Respectful Students
- Very Strong Parental Satisfaction
- Active P&C Association
- Focused Improvement Agenda
- Helpful & Approachable Staff
- Great looking grounds & facilities
- Fully Air Conditioned classrooms for the comfort of students
- Quiet, organized and year round pleasant learning environment
- A supportive community
- Numerous extension programs for high achieving students
- BYOD programs to encourage 21st Century learning practices
- Digital technologies, coding and robotics programs for students
- Targeted intervention programs to support struggling students
- Engaged, purposeful learning leading to success
- Apple Distinguished School
Our teachers are dedicated professionals who endeavour to do their very best for your child. Please meet your child's teacher and inform him/her of any special needs that your child has. Take an interest in your child's work and discuss it with the class teacher. Please make an appointment if you need to speak to the class teacher as this ensures the most effective use is made of the available time.
I believe the best possible outcomes are achieved when the school and parents work together, in a productive partnership, to ensure each child achieves their potential. Can I therefore encourage you, whenever possible to become part of the Algester School Community and also have an input into the decision making process.
Perhaps you might like to become actively involved in our energetic and highly committed P&C or one of the various sub committees that operate in our school.
Perhaps you could assist in the classroom or with the Support A Reader/Writer Program or with the numerous other tasks necessary in a school setting.
Become involved and be an active partner in your child’s education.
Some Programs at Algester State School
- Junior & Senior Strings Groups
- Junior & Senior Bands
- Singfest, Karawatha Music Day Camps
Interschool Sport for Years 5 & 6
Touch Football, Netball, Soccer, Basketball, Rugby League. Futsal, Rugby League Metro Cup, Touch Football Qld Primary All Schools, District Futsal Competition
- Readers Cup
- English, Maths & Science ICAS Competitions
- Athletics & Cross Country Carnivals
- Sheep Station Gully Science Centre Programs
- Astronomy, Chicken Hatchlings, Garden Program
- Online Reading and Maths Programs (Home & School)
- iPad / PCs /Interactive Whiteboards
- Coding Lessons
- Robotics Lessons
- BYOD classrooms
- Apple Distinguished School
We have a great school. I invite you to be a part of it so we can achieve our aim of Creating futures together!