Algester Primary School is an enrolment-managed school. Families who live within our catchment area are guaranteed a position at our school. If you live outside our catchment, enrolment can only occur if there are vacancies in that year level.
Local catchment area
school's local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which a
state school accepts its core intake of students.
school’s catchment map is available from EdMap.
Students within catchment
student whose principal place of residence is within the school's catchment
area is (subject to the Act) entitled to enrol at the school. The
Principal will reserve places for students who move into the catchment area
throughout the school year.
or legal guardians who wish to enrol their child at the school will need to
demonstrate that the student's principal place of residence is within the
catchment area. Current proof of residency at the address indicated can be
provided by way of one of each of the following:
- One primary source — a current rental/lease agreement, or rates notice, or unconditional contract of sale.
- One secondary source — a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas) showing this same address and parent's/legal guardian's name.
the Principal is not satisfied that the documentation provided by an applicant
demonstrates adequately that the address stated is the student's principal
place of residence, then the Principal may request further sources of proof of
residency. Examples may include (but are not limited to):
- additional utility bills (e.g. water bill) or a series of bills at for the same address over a sequential period to demonstrate continued/ongoing residency
- electoral roll verification letter
- mobile phone statement (with current address details)
- statutory declaration
- driver's licence (with current address details)
- bank statement (showing current address details; financial details are not required)
- tax assessment notice (financial details are not required)
- documents demonstrating recent change of address/re-location to within the school's catchment area (e.g. proof of sale or termination of lease for the previous principal place of residence in a different catchment).
Principal may also request a properly sworn statutory declaration from the
enrolling parent or legal guardian attesting that the student’s principal place
of residence is the place nominated in the enrolment application.
addition to the documents listed above, students living with a relative/other
person within catchment must provide the following:
- Properly sworn statutory declaration from the student's parent/legal guardian.
- Properly sworn statutory declaration from the person(s) the student will be residing with in-catchment.
Principal may also request additional pieces of proof of residency and
interview with all parties to discuss the living arrangement.
Applicants should note
that a false statement/assertion about the student’s principal place of
residence may amount to an offence and may be reported to police. The school
Principal may repeal a decision to enrol a student in such circumstances.
How do I enrol?
To the enrolment interview, please bring
Your proof of address including at least two of the following: a rental agreement, rates notice, electricity or phone bill, a statutory declaration of your address, a bank statement, your licence etc.
Your completed Application for Student Enrolment form
Birth Certificate or Passport (if student born overseas)
Your child who you are wishing to enrol
Any report cards or information from your previous school
2022 Calendar - Year level placements on year of birth
Year 6: 01/07/2010 - 30/06/2011
Year 5: 01/07/2011 - 30/06/2012
Year 4: 01/07/2012 - 30/06/2013
Year 3: 01/07/2013 - 30/06/2014
Year 2: 01/07/2014 - 30/06/2015
Year 1: 01/07/2015 - 30/06/2016
Prep: 01/07/2016 - 30/06/2017
School uniform policy